11/24/10

29

My birthday is tomorrow but, I don't want to preempt my Thankful Thursday post tomorrow since it actually IS Thanksgiving, so I bring you my annual birthday post today.

Tomorrow I will be 29.

It is my last birthday of my twenties. In one year I will be 30. It scares me more than I like to admit sometimes. Sometimes I still feel like a teenager - although more and more I'm learning just how much I am not a teenager anymore or anything remotely close.

So many things have happened in the last year - it was a bad year in terms of loss, not just in my family, but as I have mentioned, nearly every person close to me has lost someone this year. It seemed every time we were turning around we had a funeral to go to.

But other than that, it was a good year. I do find myself wondering where the time has gone. With each passing birthday it seems time goes by even faster than the year before.

I have been joking that I'd like to stop having birthdays now. I'll be eternally 29. My grandmother stopped at 39, so hey, I figured I'd do her one better. Someone mentioned to me "ok does that mean Nate can stop giving you gifts each year?" And I thought for a minute and came back with "Oh he still has to - see, next year will be the first anniversary of my turning 29".

I really do joke. Of course I'll keep having birthdays. And I'm sure the closer I get to that big 3-0 the more ok I will be with it. Age is just a number. You're only as old as you feel.

I don't know what 29 has in store for me. I hope for only good things.

2 comments:

Gina said...

That's funny that you are holding at 29! I hope you have a fabulous birthday tomorrow! I will be thinking of you my dear!! Happy Early Birthday!!

Jes said...

29 forever!! I'm right there with you! Well, I will be ;)