12/29/09

End of the Year reflections: Part One

So here's the first of what will be a two-part recap for me this year, as I not only reflect on the last year, but later on I'll bring thoughts on the last decade - because it was probably one filled with the most change ever in my life! But for now, here are my thoughts on the year that was 2009.

2009 was an interesting year to say the least. Things happened that were good and things happened that were not so good. But, we were healthy, happy and best of all, both employed for the entire year so I really have no complaints.

The highlights and lowlights:

-We left Immaculate - I never dreamed in a million years this would ever happen, but it did and we're stronger for it
-We joined Praise Project and a drummer was born
-I quit picking my fingers (and am still going strong!)
-I was sort of promoted at work
-We took a couple of mini vacations which translates to long weekends up north pretty much, but they were wonderful
-We finished a pretty substantial painting project that took far longer than it should have, but I love the results!
-We switched to kegging our beer as opposed to bottling
-We tried many new places to eat
-We decided we are the "fun couple"
-We bought a new couch and loveseat for our basement, both got new glasses and I chopped my hair very short and we bought a new furnace/air conditioner for our home!
-We were able to spend lots of time with family and friends which is truly the best gift of all.

I don't think of 2009 as a good or bad year. For the most part we are just living our day to day lives and are rejoicing in each day as it comes. And that's really my only resolution for 2010. To keep on keeping on or something like that! May it be a wonderful year for everyone!

No comments: