3/17/09

The "Cast Offs"

You know how sometimes something good can come out of something really bad? Kind of like how we often say "things happen for a reason, we just don't know what that reason is at the time." Well, I can say one good thing has happened out of us leaving our church. We've formed our own little community, a group of people who are now our second family. Actually, in a way, they always have been, they're the people we were closest to at church anyway. But since we all left together and are on this journey of discovery together, we've drawn even closer to each other.

We now joke that we are the "Cast Offs" because we were cast out of choir so to speak. It's kind of a play on a local band's name that often came and played at our church festivals, the "Castaways". And while we still probably need to come up with a better name than the Cast Offs, it's easier than saying " the Displaced Immaculate people" or something along those lines.
Nate and I are so blessed to have these people in our life. Their support and friendship has made this time so much easier on both us and my parents (they're part of the group too). In many ways, I feel we're better off now because of these people. So what if we're a mix of ages? We're a family and Nate and I love being part of it.

So to our fellow "Cast Offs" I just wanted to say thank you and I love you guys. No matter what happens, at least we have each other!

The Cast Offs (circa 2007, only pic I have right now) from left to right:
Ron's hand, Jerri, Marie, Greg, my dad and my mom
Not pictured: Dave, Nate and me.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Love that post honey...although I would like think I'm a little bit part of that group. You guys will always remain together.

Beth said...

Of course you are my dear - even if you can't go to church with us, you are definitely a part of our little family. :)