12/7/09

Continuing the holiday vibe

I had a good and productive weekend. Nate and I were able to get a little time in just for ourselves which was very nice. But I was most happy that I got my Christmas shopping started and I'm about 75% done at this point! As for what I still have to buy, I know what I am buying, just have to make the time to do it.

I have watched one of my favorite holiday movies already - Home Alone. Yes I am a dork, but I love that movie. Nate was actually willing to watch it with me so I couldn't pass up the opportunity! We used to just have an old VHS copy, so we went and bought it on DVD finally. It actually includes some deleted scenes and things like that - I like it when DVDs include features like that.

This week my mom and I will start baking cookies, another holiday tradition for us. I am very excited to eat some of these goodies that we only make once a year!

Next weekend we have a caroling event with Praise Project and then we also have Nate's work holiday party. Once again his company is treating us to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in downtown Minneapolis, so I am definitely looking forward to that.

So I am doing my best to enjoy every moment of the holiday season because I know it will be over before I know it!

No comments: