11/7/09

What's wrong with this picture?

So it's November 7th, at least according to the calendar. It's nearly 65 degrees outside and sunny. I'm not complaining about that one bit though. I'll take the nice weather while I can get it. Here's what's bugging me.

While enjoying coffee at Caribou this morning, I heard one Christmas song. Most of the music was the light acoustic stuff they tend to play, but a Bruce Springsteen Christmas song snuck in. Ok, I'll forgive that. It was just one. And at least they don't have their red and green coffee cups out like some other chain who's name I will not mention right now.

Then I went to the mall to look for shoes. Christmas decorations appeared to be everywhere already. Lights in the trees even. And let me remind you that it's 65 degrees outside today. Hmm, doesn't seem to fit.

Finally, at my last stop, the Christmas music was in full swing. I could not believe it. The cashier asked me if I wanted to open a credit card to make my Holiday shopping easier. I'm like, no because for one, I don't need another credit card and for two, it's not the holiday yet!

I'm a Christmas freak, I can't wait to put out all my stuff each year. But I have a limit as to how early I'll go. I try to make it to the day after Thanksgiving. Not the first weekend of November, especially when we're having a late batch of Indian Summer!

Ok, rant over. Merry warm November not even close to Thanksgiving yet early, early Christmas I guess!

1 comment:

Jes said...

I agree. I'm not ready for Christmas music yet!!