11/11/09

Just the day to day stuff

So it's been awhile since I've done a "what we've been up to post" so I figured I was due.

We had a pretty tame weekend. Praise Project was on a hiatus type situation so we had two nights free instead of just one. Friday night we had a nice dinner with my parents and then headed home to watch a movie.

Saturday I went on the quest for black shoes, it honestly took more than I expected it to for me to find what I was looking for, but I finally did after making several stops (in which I discuss here about all the Christmas related things I was seeing - still just feel it is a bit too early and hard to think about with this "heatwave"). Spent the afternoon tiding up around the house. We then attempted to have dinner at one of our favorite places, but discovered it has become quite the college hangout now that school is in session and would have had to wait 45 minutes for a table. And it was already after 6:00 so that just wasn't what we wanted to do. So, onward we went to a less crowded eatery (the St. Clair Broiler) and had ourselves a nice meal.

Sunday I had a Tastefully Simple party which went quite well. We then just grilled in the evening.

So far this week we've experimented with the crockpot again and have just been kind of vegging around when we're not at work. And that's not a bad thing. We're going to be crazy busy in the next couple of weeks so it's been nice to have a lull. Coming up for us we have a Praise Project gig, a birthday party for Nate's boss, some get togethers with friends, my annual trek for the Cities 97 City Sampler with my dear friend Gina, a weekend away in Duluth and then birthdays and Thanksgiving. So, life is going to pick up speed very soon. I say, bring it on!

No comments: