9/24/09

Thursday Top Ten

So those who follow my blog know - I am a big fan of lists. I thought it would be fun to shake things up a bit here and present you with a new weekly fun thing - a top ten list. I have seen other blogs do a "theme" post on a certain day of the week and I thought it would be fun to try. So I will be bringing you my top ten of a certain thing and I would encourage any and all of you to post in the comments what your favorites are of my weekly topic as well. Even if you have never commented before - don't be afraid, come on out and play!

So for the first week I bring you my top ten songs that immediately put me in a good mood! We'll call it the "Good Vibrations" (although Good Vibrations the song does not make my list, sorry).

10. Life In Technicolor - Coldplay from the album Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
This song starts out kind of quiet and subdued but then it just gains momentum and ends up in a giant climax of sorts - and there aren't even any words, but man, it just gets me all excited!

9. Walk With Me - Seven and the Sun from the album Back to the Innocence
These guys are kind of unknowns as far as I know, but this song always puts me in a good mood, it's lively, upbeat and just fun. I also enjoy an acapella version by the group Fifth Element off their album Welcome to the Show.

8. Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve from the album Urban Melodies
I have loved this song since high school, the violins and strings have always seemed somewhat uplifting and really, you could look at the song as kind of a downer because he is calling life a Bitter Sweet Symphony, but you know what, life isn't always perfect, so sometimes we need that reminder!

7. Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da - The Beatles from The White Album
Come on, are you telling me you don't get the urge to sing along when you hear this one?

6. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves from Walking on Sunshine
Ok come on, the happiness is implied in the title of this one!

5. You Are Loved - Josh Groban from the album Awake
This song got me through some tough times when Nate wasn't working, it always cheered me up to remember that no matter what, there are people out there who love me. And I could listen to this man sing all day, so that doesn't hurt either!

4. I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker - Sandi Thom from the album Smile, It Confuses People
I love how she wants to be a hippie or a punk rocker, the inner hippie in me feels the same way sometimes, like I was born in the wrong decade or something! At any rate I love to blast this one and sing along.

3. What's Up - Four Non Blondes from Bigger, Faster, Better, More
Oh how I love to sing this one at the top of my lungs when I'm in the car or the shower. Fun fact too - the only time I have ever done karaoke somewhere, I sang this song.

2. If Everybody Looked the Same - Groove Armada from the album Vertigo
Just a fun upbeat song, I like the message and it makes me want to get up and dance.

1. Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard from the album Ocean Avenue
Again, upbeat, fun to sing along to and I just can't help but smile when I hear it. I don't even know why I love it so much, but I just do!

So there you go. I did my best to link each of the songs to a sample on the internet if you're so inclined to check them out! What are your favorite good mood songs? Feel free to let me know in the comments, your list need not be as long and detailed as mine!

Come back next Thursday for a new Thursday Top Ten!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Very fun!!! Love the number 10 and 7 choices. Although number 6 is a good one too.

Jes said...

Love the list! So many good choices I know, and quite a few that I'm going to check out now! My favorite song that always puts me in a good mood is 'Smiling Underneath' by Ani DiFranco. It always makes me smile!