9/14/09

The good, the bad and the ugly

So my weekend can be summed up in three words: good, bad and ugly.

The Good:
Nate got his keg system up and running! The freezer was delivered Friday right after work. He worked on hooking everything up on Saturday. I'll post more about this specifically later, but by Saturday evening we were enjoying beer out of our kegs!

The Bad:
As our breakfast dishes were on their wash cycle after we ate on Sunday morning, the dishwasher started making a strange noise. Nate thinks the motor may be going out. It's unfortunate. No, a dishwasher is not a necessity, I know many people who do just fine without them (I used to be one of them, my parents do not have one), but it sure does make life convenient. Unfortunately, if it is going bad, we're not going to replace it right now. We'll save some money first and then do it.

The Ugly:
While driving to the grocery store on Sunday afternoon, all of a sudden, I could hear this really loud, vibrating motor type noise. I'm looking all around us and Nate's like "what are you looking for?" And I said "the loud motorcycle that is near us" and then realized there was no loud motorcycle - it was my car. It was so bad I could feel my seat vibrating underneath me. We went ahead and did our grocery shopping and returned home. Nate looked under the car and figured out that my exhaust separated from the catalytic converter because some nuts were missing. At first it was unknown if we would be able to just get some new nuts and screw it back in place or if the very worst case scenario - would we have to replace the catalytic converter, which would cost a boatload of money? Fortunately after consulting with his dad and doing some more looking under the car, it sounds like the first scenario should fix it which is good, it should only cost us around $10 which is a huge relief. But until he can fix it, I get to drive around town with a car that sounds like a drag racer. Woo hoo.

So there you have it. The good, the bad and the ugly. I can only hope my week turns around and becomes beautiful instead of ugly!

1 comment:

simplicity said...

Sorry about your car Beth! That stinks! It does seem that when it rains, it pours doesn't it?