7/6/10

Slow. Down.

You know, sometimes our physical selves know more about our well being then our mental selves. If that makes any sense at all - it might not.

We've been having an awesome summer. It's been loads of fun and there have been great activities with family and friends and I don't regret a single second of any of it. But, we've been kind of go, go, go. And it's catching up to me.

Last night I got home from work and it had been a trying day. I just wasn't up to cooking and low and behold, I was missing pieces that I needed to make my dinner anyway. So I texted Nate and asked him what he wanted. We settled on rotisserie chicken from Cub, so I ran over and picked that up with mashed potatoes and gravy. Nate was home when I got there and we had a nice dinner. Then we went downstairs and watched the show "Breaking Bad" which even without commericals is around 45 minutes. In the span of that 45 minutes I started feeling really, really lousy. Tired and cold and feverish.

After the show was over I told Nate how I was feeling and he got me an extra blanket and some water. I didn't want to go to bed quite yet so we just watched some more TV, finally getting around to the Next Food Network Star shows that we're way behind on. I shivered the rest of the night, then took some Advil, took a nice warm bath and went to bed. I never actually checked to see what my temp was, I'd almost rather not know sometimes!

I slept from 9:30 to 6:30 without waking up. We chose to skip our running or even walking this morning, which I hate to do, but I know I needed the rest more than anything. Today I woke up feeling slightly better, but still a bit rundown.

I believe my body is sending me a clear message here - SLOW DOWN!! I want to do so much and I don't want to miss out on anything but it's taking a toll if I don't get a day here or there to not do much. So, that's my mantra for the rest of the summer - try and get out and do some things, but maybe not do everything. I want to keep painting, so maybe I have to skip out on some fun things until that is finished. I also told Nate as we're more or less to the "end" of our running training we can probably take our time hitting that coveted 30 minute mark. I'd rather not overdo it making myself sick again.

Cause you know what? It is not fun to be sick in the summer!

2 comments:

Jes said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Gina said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! Let me know if you want me to still come over tomorrow and paint.