7/23/10

Good and bad, up and down

Well the good news is despite the one wall problem we have, the painting is going really well at home. We have finished most of the wall space minus the bad wall. Now I will go back and do all the trim while we figure out what we're doing with the bad wall. I SO love the color my walls are becoming. The lack of white space makes the house feel so much more homey. It's warm and happy feeling. I like it.

The bad news is Nate discovered on his way home yesterday that his breaks were failing, he's pretty sure it's the break line, he's had to replace it on just about every car he's owned so he knows the warning signs pretty well at this point. If that is what the problem is, it's a cheap, though time consuming fix. If it's worse, well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The good news is that while I wish we had already gotten rid of it, we still have the Taurus. So, he's putting insurance back on it for the month and can drive that in the meantime. So I guess it's good we've been dragging our feet on getting that thing out of our yard. And at least for right now the Taurus does still drive. So hey, it could be worse.

In more bad news, I think our bed is starting to kill my back. Or maybe it's the way I've been sleeping the last couple of days, but if this doesn't go away soon, well, we might have to look into options. Not something I want to do. But, I also want to feel good when I get up! The good news is that I have a gift card for a massage, so I think I'll be using that sooner rather than later.

And to end on a positive note, in more good news, thanks to a friend's resources, we are looking into refinancing options for our house which means saving money which would be a very nice thing. We didn't think we'd be able to afford it with closing costs and such, but there may be some options around some of that kind of thing that still lowers our rates. It's worth having the conversations I say! It can't hurt and who knows, it could actually help!

Up and down, up and down, we just keep going on our roller coaster of life!

1 comment:

Jes said...

Life is full of ups and downs isn't it? I hope the refinancing works out for you!