8/15/11

Monday musings

Well, I have to say, this is one of those Mondays that feels like a break after the busy weekend we just had! I'm not much for coherent thought today, so you're just getting a quick bulleted style post.

- Today I'm launching my new "pages" that you'll see across the top of my blog. They include an "about me" page, a page about some of my closest "peeps" that you see making appearances on my blog and a page about Praise Project. I plan to add a couple more soon - a book list and a list of links I find interesting will probably round out the pages feature on my blog. Just something fun I thought I'd try and hopefully it will help any new visitors get to know me better and maybe even stick around a bit.



-As I mentioned, our weekend was crazy busy. Friday night was the only "relaxing" we were able to do for the most part. Saturday we drove out to Eau Claire for a family reunion for Nate's family, specifically his Grandma Dolly's side of the family. We had a pretty good time, I even scored a new table for my living room in the silent auction they had.




The five of us Kondricks in our Draus/Drause reunion t-shirts (picture kind of stolen from the Draus reunion Facebook page.)



-We had to rush back on Saturday for a mass for Praise Project - we had all three masses at St. William's this weekend. Very fulfilling as always to sing with our group, but man, was my voice tired by the end of the whole thing!!

-After church on Sunday, we decided we just had to have a homemade pie. We shopped for ingredients and in a nice team effort, put together a fantastic peach pie. I am not one to toot my own horn, but it's amazing. So freaking tasty.



BEST Peach pie EVER


-And that brings us to today and as I said, it feels like a break compared to yesterday. Overall this week is looking calmer and next weekend we are more or less wide open and I intend to keep it that way. We are both in need of some major chill time and some "just us" time. This is of no offense to any of our friends and family, but at the moment, I'm really looking forward to a date night with just my hubby. Maybe some beer brewing time. We'll see where things go!


Happy Monday!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Love the "pages" that you have set up. I'm honored to be part of your "peeps" section. I'm so glad that I have you in my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Sounds like it was a busy weekend, but the pie looks awesome!

Jes said...

Isn't it awesome when the things you dream up playing house as little girls come true? :) Thanks for including me in your peeps section dear! And here's to a relaxing week and weekend! Woo!