8/8/11

A beer day

We finally brewed some beer over the weekend. I swear, this summer has just been...I don't even know if I have the right words to describe it. We've been busy, but we have had downtime too. The problem is, we like to brew out on the deck as much as we can, and when we've had downtime, the weather has sucked this year.

So we haven't been brewing much beer. And we've still been drinking the beer we have. Which leads to a problem - the bar is getting empty. And even though it's still a couple of months away, I'm already in planning mode for Oktoberfest - which has made me realize, we need to get some beer going if we are going to actually have some in stock by that time!

So, yesterday finally worked out to be a good day to brew and we now have a German Alt beer sitting in fermentation. Then Nate bought another Surly Furious clone kit, we made that one last year and it disappeared pretty quickly, so we're excited to have that one again. We may attempt a third somewhere in there too, we'll have to see.

It almost makes me sad that it feels like a chore to brew beer - I want it to be a fun hobby for us. But again, this summer overall has felt...odd for a lack of better words I guess. I feel overwhelmed and then I feel bored. Still working on that balance thing I guess. We'll get there.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Awesome that you were able to brew the beer yesterday. It sounds like this week and next weekend are going to be gorgeous as well!