5/20/11

Random thoughts for Friday

It's Friday and I am glad. It hasn't been a bad week, just a long one. And today feels like a good day for a Random Thought post, so that's what you are getting!

~First things first, a brief rant - I am a religious person and a faith filled person and all of that. But I just have to say - I do not believe that the "Rapture" is coming tomorrow. And really, that is not how my religion teaches us anyway - we have been taught that "we know not WHEN the son of man will come" so I just have a hard time believing that it will happen at 6:00 pm on May 21st. I full intend to still be around on Sunday, May 22nd. I guess if I'm wrong I'm going down to the fiery pits of Hell or will be one of the ones "Left Behind" or whatever, but I'm really betting on being right. End rant.

~Rock the Garden is less than a month away. So far we've been trending towards rainy days on Saturdays. There is a few short weeks for that to turn around. And it better dang it!

~Next week we have our fifth wedding anniversary. FIVE. Five years. I will have many reflections on this coming next week - probably a series of posts in fact. Because five just feels like a big important number to me.

~I have so many things I hope to do this summer, but unlike last summer, I am not going to make a list. I made a "bucket list" for my summer if you will last year and ended up slightly disappointed when I didn't get to everything on that list. So instead I plan to enjoy the things I already have planned - and there are quite a few of them - and take everything else as it comes.

~We have started harvesting rhubarb. I plan to really stay on top of it this year. We are freezing it for now. There will hopefully be jam, pies and maybe muffins and then at the end of the summer - we just might attempt making rhubarb wine. It will need to ferment a heck of a lot longer than any of the beer we've done so far, but I really want to give it a try!

And that's about it for the day. Like I said, long week, brain is a bit mushy. So there you go.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I completely agree with you on the Rapture! I will either be joining you in Hell or be "Left Behind". I can't believe it's going to be 5 years either for you two next week!

simplicity said...

Haha I am with you on the rapture thing. Whenever it comes, i'm ready but it's not going to be today!

Jes said...

Cheers to fun summers with no rain and no rapture! Lol! I can't wait to try some of that rhubarb wine if you make it!