5/9/11

Another full weekend

We had another full and busy weekend, but it felt good. We actually accomplished some things and that is always a good feeling!

Woke up bright and early on Saturday morning and did the usual coffee with my parents. They came back home with me and my dad finished installing the lights in the basement. They look very nice, I'm pleased. Sadly, our white Christmas lights that we have lining the ceiling have all died - crazy timing - so Nate ordered us one strand of LED lights to test out down there. He put up the one string and we decided we'll be ok with it, so now we need to order some more. So, the lighting situation is pretty good down there now!

After my parents left, we did our Mother's Day shopping and also planted a bunch of Herb seeds - if all works out, I'll have Basil, Chives, Rosemary, Sage and Thyme to cook with this summer. I'm looking forward to it, I loved having fresh Basil the last time we had a Basil plant.

Later on Saturday we did a Mass with Praise Project out in Blaine and I proceeded to lose my voice from the blasted cold I've had. That kind of sucked, but I was feeling just fine, so we still headed out to dinner after church. We went to Brasa since it was a gorgeous day and I've been itching to eat outside and especially to eat there! There was a little wait, but it wasn't too bad. We really enjoyed our meal. Went home and watched a movie and headed to bed.

Sunday we got up early, but not too early, and did our walk so we could meet Nate's family by 10:00 for brunch. We went to Psycho Suzi's new brunch and it was outstanding. They have very tasty brunch food, it was reasonably nice outside so we sat on the new patio and enjoyed Bloody Marys and Tropical Mimosas. It is quite possibly my new favorite brunch spot! After we were more than full we went back to Nate's parents to visit for a few more minutes and then headed home for a quiet afternoon which was a good thing since it started raining. After chilling for a bit we then went to my parents to celebrate Mom's Day with my mom and took her to Punch Pizza for dinner. I know it sounds like we ate SO much food on Sunday, but actually, Punch is pretty light fare, so it worked out well. And it's one of my mom's favorite places, so it worked well for her too.

We also kegged my cherry wheat beer on Sunday afternoon and gave it a little sample - it's pretty decent! I'm curious to see how it tastes after a couple of days of being carbonated in the keg.

So, busy, productive, full, but fun weekend. Today's rain and hail put a damper on our running - not to say we didn't try, we totally did and we totally got caught in it. Downpours + Hail = NOT FUN. Not at all. I'll be checking the radar in the mornings for the rest of the week I think.

On we go!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend! I need to find some good brunch spots in that area for in 2 weeks, we're going to take my mom out for brunch for her birthday.