1/27/11

Winter bucket list

And just like that January is almost over.

It hasn't even been a busy month! In fact, we have had more time to relax this month than we have in quite some time. So I'm not sure how time flew by so fast.

I have been complaining a LOT about winter and winter weather. And of course, now that I realize that really, we're getting closer to spring - I realize that there are some things I'd still like to do before the winter is over.

So similar to my "Summer Bucket List" I bring you my "Bucket list - winter edition"

1. Attend the Winterfest beer festival from MN Craft Brewers association (more to come on this, we actually do have tickets and will be attending next week, this is Nate's Christmas present I talked about last month)

2. Go to Omnifest at the Science Museum. We're still members through March - we have no excuse to have not done this yet or to not do it at all - we can go for free.

3. Go sledding. Seriously.

4. Visit the new Polar Bear at the Como Zoo - yes he'll be there in warmer weather too, but I know he'll be more active when it's cold.

5. Eat at Donatelli's - ok, this might sound stupid, but this is one of the few restaurants that we won't eat at much in warmer weather. It's that baked yummy heavy Italian food and I just want to make sure we get there before it no longer sounds good! We haven't been since Halloween - kind of rare for us. Eating out less will do that I guess.

6. Go see the ice sculptures at the Winter Carnival - don't often do this one, but kind of want to this year maybe.

7. Check out some more MN Wineries (yeah I can do this year round really, but my wine supply is next to nothing right now) .

8. Make a french silk pie for Nate (I know, what does this have to do with winter? Nothing but I am thinking of doing this for V-day).

9. Watch at least a couple of the Oscar nominated movies before the Oscars - so far I've seen Inception. That's it.

10. Watch the Super Bowl. Don't really care who's playing, but I have to watch it every year and eat unhealthy snacky food and drink beer. It's fun.

There you go. So maybe it's a dorkier list than my Summer one was, but I also think these goals are slightly more obtainable! We'll see how it goes. I'm trying to stay positive and embrace winter instead of complain all the time!

*Singing* You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative, don't mess with Mr. In between....



2 comments:

Gina said...

What a great list! And the song by the way...going to be in my head for the rest of the day! :)

Alexandra said...

I will be missing the Super Bowl. The Decemberists are more important to me! ;)