8/3/10

A weather post...how exciting!

*I started writing this post last week and never finished, but based on how I'm feeling today - well, here you go!*

About this time each year I start to get antsy and even a little impatient when I look out the window. And my reason will lead folks to think I'm crazy - but the truth is - I'm ready for summer to be over. I want it to be fall.

*Ducking to avoid objects being hurled at me*

I am not a summer girl. I want to be. Every year when it starts getting warmer outside and summer activities start up I get excited and I make plans and I really try to get into it. But, the more humid/hot days we have, like we have been having this year, the less into it I get. I don't like this kind of weather. I thrive on the days when it's sunny and in the upper 70's/low 80's with little humidity. And we just haven't had hardly any of those this year. My air conditioner is really getting a workout. I miss fresh air.

I like to be outside and doing activities outside - but not when the weather is the way it has been. It also makes things like our running much more difficult. Today for example, we did go for our morning run and while the air wasn't super hot yet, with the humidity in the air it felt like we were running through soup.

I long for cool days, cooler nights, apples, bonfires, baking....I just prefer fall. I don't want snow or COLD weather at all. But I'm ready to even start wearing long sleeves and sitting around with a blanket. I know it will be here all too soon and then eventually I'll be complaining about how cold it is. In fact yesterday I wrote a tweet on my Twitter that said "Remind me of the weather today when I'm whining in January about it being 20 below". But that's the thing about MN. The weather is always different and it can never be perfect!

I know that the rest of the country is suffering through worse heat than this, so I try to keep it in perspective. And I try to be thankful that I have an air conditioner and a way to escape the muggy yucky air. But I'm ready. I'm starting my countdown to fall. Bring it on.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I won't throw an object at you. I love the fall! It's my favorite season because I love bonfires, curling up and reading a book with a blanket and lighting candles. It's great!!

Jes said...

Fall will be fun!! :)

simplicity said...

I love fall too but let me tell you there is something about summer that I LOVE. The hotter the better (good thing I'm in a place where we're averaging above 90's every day!!)
See you next Friday??