6/26/09

Life is short

So I have so many things I want to blog about and I just don't even know where to start -

I could blog about how I will be stepping foot into my old church for the first time in four months tomorrow. (Singing at a wedding)

I could blog about how my belated anniversary present has finally been ordered. (more explanation really is due on this and it will come)

I could also blog about my weekend plans, crazy things going on at work and so many other things.

But I'm distracted today. It's hard to focus on those things for the moment. I am blaming the fact that yesterday we were reminded not just once, but twice, how precious and short life is and that it can be taken away at a moment's notice.

I was sad to hear of Farrah Fawcett's passing. I was not necessarily a fan or anything like that, but I did follow her heartbreaking cancer journey and I do find the death to be rather tragic. She fought with every ounce she could, but that horrible disease won out in the end. I commend her for being so brave to share her story with the world the way that she did.

What is affecting me more right now is the fact that Michael Jackson passed away. I was a little floored by this. Again, was I a huge fan? No. Did I agree with the majority of the population that he was an odd duck and rather messed up? Yep. But, as a child of the 80's I totally remember his glory days and his music was a soundtrack in my life growing up - you couldn't turn on MTV or VH1 without seeing his videos. He was everywhere back then. And I do believe he had an amazing talent.

It's just strange to think he was planning this big comeback and now is no longer with us. I feel sad for his children and really just sad about the entire situation as I think he was pretty messed up. It's just a shame that his life had to end so abruptly like this.

So, those are the thoughts consuming my head today. We should all learn the lesson of living each moment as our last, because you just never know when it might all be over. So readers, tell someone you love them, get off your computer and go do something with friends or family. Smile more. Above all else, simply LIVE.

No comments: