9/7/10

Bar none

Whew, what a weekend!

It flew by so fast but we got alot accomplished! And we had a good balance of time with family and friends and also just each other too!

The biggest story of the weekend was Nate making huge strides on getting our basement bar completed. He started chatting with my dad a little bit about it a week or so ago and had asked if he could use some of his tools and such and my dad being the nice guy that he is was like, sure. So at dinner on Friday, Nate brought over some of the wood to cut. Well, they ended up looking at the templates online that Nate had found and chatted a bit and kind of decided to take the project a slightly different direction. Nothing huge and they're still using all of the stuff that Nate bought.

So, Sunday after we golfed in the morning with them, Nate and I headed over to my parents where he and my dad spent pretty much all afternoon building the top of the bar. I can finally see where this whole thing is going, it's going to be great. While they worked on that, my mom and I made our first apple pie of the year and it was so tasty!

So anyway, I'm excited about the bar, I know it's going to be so nice when it's all done and they're on track to have it completed before our Oktoberfest party in early October, so that makes me happy as well! It will be so much easier to enjoy Nate's homebrew in general once this whole thing is done. And a good excuse to have more parties or something! Ha!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I saw the picture on Facebook and WOW!!! It is looking awesome!!! I can't wait to see the finished bar.