5/17/09

Roller Coaster Weekend

I ended up with an impromtu three day weekend because I figured I had days to use at work, why not take one and make a longer weekend.

So, Friday I slept in a bit, then got up for an hour long massage that I had a gift card for from Christmas. It was wonderful, nice and stress relieving! My mom met up with me after that and we went shopping out at this little store in White Bear Lake called Lillian's, they are similar to Fun Sisters if you've heard of them, it's a purse shoppe. My mom treated me to a new purse in celebration of my month of no picking fingers (the official date of which is May 20th, but it was FOUR weeks yesterday thank you very much). We also made a stop at Target. Then I came home and started cleaning the house because of the party we had planned with friends for the next day. Nate came home and we rounded out Friday at a Praise Project rehearsal.

Saturday is where the roller coaster took a downward spiral. Nate woke up around 5:30 sick as a dog. I have never in our 11 years of being together ever seen him like this, not able to leave the bathroom for over an hour and having to be back and forth after that. Nothing would stay down. This was a problem since we had a party scheduled for Saturday evening! I put out the message to our friends that sadly we had to cancel. We're still not sure if he got a bug or if it was food poisoning, all I know is he was violently ill for a little bit there and I was getting worried we were going to Urgent Care or something. Finally things calmed down and he was able to sleep most of the afternoon.

Today he woke up much, much better. Food is staying where it should and he's even got a little energy back. He's not as weakened as I thought he'd be today. He always bounces back pretty quickly from illnesses! Still, we've been laying low, though I did clean the house a bit and tried to disinfect things in case it was a nasty bug he had. I would rather not catch it myself!

Next weekend is another three day weekend and I am expecting it won't be quite the roller coaster this one was! And we hope to reschedule with our friends in a couple of weeks as well, since we definitely have beer to share!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm glad that Nate is feeling better. It's never fun seeing your loved one as sick as a dog. Hope that he continues to feel better!