5/10/09

Happy Mother's Day

My mom and me at my bachlorette party, May 2006

It's a special day to recognize our mothers and other special women in our lives. And let me tell you I'm blessed to have many special women in my life!

I have the world's bestest mommy, which I am sure everyone says about their own mom, but I don't care, mine is awesome.  We have a unique relationship which I think is part of the only child thing, but I'm so proud to not only call my mom "my mom" but also "my friend."

I also have a pretty awesome mother in law. I would not have my husband without my mother in law, so she's a pretty special lady to me!

So to my mom, my mother in law and some other special moms I know - Jerri, Marie, Stef, Amelia, Samara, and Laura - I wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day.  I only hope that when I eventually join your ranks that I can be half as good of a mom as you all are. You all inspire me!


2 comments:

simplicity said...

Aww! Thank you Beth!!!

Gina said...

What a nice post! You do have the world's awesomest mommy...she's my favorite mommy after my own, since your mommy "adopted" me. I'm sure you will be joining those ranks and you are going to be an awesome mommy as well!!!