5/22/09

Looking back...


At this time of year I always find myself getting a little nostalgic. We're approaching our three year wedding anniversary next week (Wednesday) and I find myself thinking back to three years ago at this time and trying to remember what I was doing. I know, three years is not that long ago to be feeling this way, but I can't help myself.

So much of it still seems like it was yesterday. And yet other details I'm finding I'm not remembering as easily as each year passes.

Three years ago at this time I had temporarily moved back into my parents house for a final week as an unmarried woman so Nate could move into our house. I was facing uncertainty with my job future and trying to apply for a job here or there as I had time to do so. I was going around with my mom delivering final payments to the florist, the hall, the cake people. I was finishing the gifts for my bridesmaids and Nate's groomsmen. I was trying to get packed for our weeklong honeymoon in Itasca. I was helping Nate clean up his apartment before he was officially done with his lease. I was a new "pet mommy" and still working to get Taylor acclimated to her new home.

All of those things led me to definitely feeling a bit frazzled at times in those final days. And I had been dealing with a little bit of depression - while I was thrilled to be marrying the love of my life, change has always been hard on me and I had some external factors affecting me in those final days, the job situation (having my job at Immaculate cut to part time and desparately needing to find a full time job so we could actually buy our house) and the fact that I had an uncle sick in the hospital.

But I do remember, very clearly, getting to a point where suddenly none of those things mattered. The only thing that mattered was Nate and me. We were finally going to be husband and wife. We had waited so long to get to this point in our lives and I realized, we will never have this time again, so I need to enjoy it for what it is. The rest of that week flew by and when the day itself arrived, I enjoyed and cherished every last minute.

So looking back now, I only remember the good feelings, I don't think about the stressful and even difficult things I was dealing with at that time. I just remember the joy and thrill of being a bride. And sometimes, I wish I could go back and do it all over again. And I would in a heartbeat. I would marry Nate over and over again. He is my everything.

May 27, 2006

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oh honey what a beautiful post!!! That was for sure a difficult time leading up to your wedding. Not only that but it was SO hot!!! I loved your wedding and I was so honored to be your maid of honor. You are truly my 4th sister.