5/8/09

Random thoughts for the day

Sometimes I just have random thoughts in my head. I keep joking on Facebook that my head is a fun place to be, everyone should want to be inside my head! At any rate, because of a lack of anything else fun to write about Beth and Nate world I will instead give you my random thoughts. (Kind of like another Random Thought by Jack Handy...Saturday Night Live...anyone? anyone?)

~ Tonight Nate and I are going to see my cousin in a play at my old high school. I don't think I've set foot inside that building in about 8 or so years. Have we really been out of school for 9 years? Is next year really going to be our 10 year reunion? What the heck? How is that possible?? Sometimes I forget that I'm 27, not 20!

~ Our lovely city is soon to be home to some new eating establishments it appears. We need them. Smashburger up by Caribou looks close to being open. Looking forward to that since my last experience at Fuddruckers was less than enjoyable. Sonic is going in next to Taco Bell. They're moving along on that one. There's an Indian place going in down by Target. Then there's this place that I swear they've been working on for a year now in the old Cousins subs location - Mr. BBQ. Anyone seen this place? I swear they've made no progress on it since about November or so.

~ It seems whenever May hits it suddenly becomes apparent to us that we have a yard to take care of again. And the recent rain really helped drive that point home. Nate's planning to mow for the first time this weekend, as long as it doesn't rain too much! We're having a BBQ with friends in a week, so I said, let's put the painting aside and focus on the yard! Lots of work to do there!

~ I grilled for the first time ever in my life last night. Nate helped, but more or less had me do everything. Granted, it was just hamburgers, but I was pretty excited that I cooked them. And they turned out! I'm not ready to grill up a steak just yet, but I'll get there! I just get home so much earlier than Nate sometimes and we like to grill alot in the summer, so me knowing how to do a little would be a good thing!

~Three weeks tomorrow on the no picking hands experiment. I really should've taken a before picture. Oh well. Still doing good on this so I'm pleased and so is Nate!

Well, that's all I got folks. More exciting things later I'm sure, our life is never boring. At least, not to us!

No comments: