5/20/09

Look ma, I have nice hands!




Today marks the official one month marker of my no longer picking at my hands. As the pictures prove, I'm doing very well! The first couple of weeks were the hardest part, but it's gotten much easier with time. I don't even think about it that much anymore. The skin is still a little dry, but I try to combat that with lots of lotion. I have even had some stres lately and I'm not turning to that as a coping mechanism! I'm finding other ways to deal with it.

I am not going for the manicure I said I was going to get. At least not yet. I'm keeping my nails trimmed pretty short right now so I just don't feel it's worth it at the moment. Instead my very generous mother treated me to a brand new purse in celebration because well, we all know I like to change my purse the way I change my shoes so it was a very awesome and appropriate treat for me!

I also know that if I can make it a month, I can make it two months, six months, a year, many years. I am determined. I will have nice hands for the rest of my life. I CAN do it!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Way to go!!!! Envision arms waving like Kermit. I knew that you could do it and that you will continue to do it and be successful!!! I'm so proud of you!

simplicity said...

What do arms waving like Kermit look like? :)