5/26/09

Lovely Long Weekend

After last weekend being so awful with Nate being sick, this past weekend was TONS better! We had a terrific weekend, I was sad to see it end! Friday we unwinded slowly from the work week, had dinner with my parents and went home to watch a movie, the Pineapple Express which I don't know if I really liked or not. It was ok. It wasn't the movie Nate thought it was so that was kind of funny, but we still watched the whole thing.

Saturday I got up, had coffee with my parents and then did a little shopping with my mom. I came home and Nate had mowed the lawn and it looked so much happier! We then went and looked at couches, we want something more comfortable in our basement, but our challenge is finding something that will be able to fit through our tiny basement doorway. This is not going to be an easy task! Then we tried to figure out what we wanted to do for dinner. A tradition in my family used to be going out to Stillwater on Memorial Day weekend, so that's what we did. We ate at the Freight House, a review of which has been posted at our food blog if you feel so inclined to check it out. It was really nice, the weather was great!

Sunday we had a family picnic with Nate's mom's family up in Chisago. It was a great day! Nate's Aunt Natalie and Uncle Scott and their daughter Maddy were in from Maine so it was nice to see them. Nate's Uncle Marty lives in a nice townhome complex right on a lake, so we sat outside up above the lake in a beautiful party room area, ate lots of food and visited. Marty took us out on a boat ride a little later in the afternoon and it was lovely. Makes me wish we had enough money to own a lake home!

Then Monday we had a littler picnic at my parents house with Greg and Marie. Nice and low key, grilled some chicken, played a music game and enjoyed each other's company. It was windy and a little cloudy, but not too bad. It was just a nice weekend overall, we were able to spend quality time with family, some friends and just each other, so in my opinion, it was the best kind of weekend!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!!!