6/7/10

I ate the weekend away

Boy I feel like in a way I just ate my way through the weekend! In all seriousness though, I had some really good food throughout the weekend!

Saturday morning I met my sister-in-law and another friend for brunch as we had ordered another little batch of goodies from Lush UK to save on shipping, so we needed to divvy out the stash. I have to say, I didn't have nearly as much as I have in the past. Probably a good thing considering the vacation we just took and the car/deer issues! Anyway, we had brunch at the Good Earth. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of the Good Earth, but this time I really enjoyed my food. I had cinnamon braided french toast and a lemonade/ice tea blend and it was quite yummy. Not too filling, which was ok because Saturday night was date night.

Yes we chose to still go on date night even though we should probably be watching our money a bit. But this ended up working out in our favor. See, my aunt was raving and raving about this place in NE Minneapolis called Brasa. I was super curious so I told Nate on Saturday, let's go there, it sounds like reasonable prices and it's not that far away. Well we get on the road to go head down and who is two cars ahead of us but my parents. Yes I am a weirdo who can read license plates through a windshield. And yes I am a weirdo who memorizes license plate numbers. So anyway, I said to Nate "should I call them? see where they are going?" and he said "oh sure!" Turns out, they were headed to Brasa too. So we agreed to sit together and in the end, dad paid, which was a really nice treat. The food was amazing - roasted chicken, pulled pork, cheese grits, cornbread, pineapple upside down cake for dessert. Yum, yum, yum. We will be going back there sometime!

Sunday we were treated to a fantastic meal over at my in-laws. My father-in-law found a recipe for lamb burgers and asked if we wanted to come over and try them. Don't wrinkle your nose just yet - I am a pretty picky eater, but let me tell you - these were fantastic! Kind of reminded me of gyros meat made into a patty. We had pitas and hummus, tabbouleh and baklava for dessert. I was so stuffed when we left there - but it was all fantastic.

Probably a good thing I'm just planning salad for dinner tonight!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Wow!!! Sounds like you a had a wide range of food this weekend! Everything sounds so delicious!!

Jes said...

Sounds like a very yummy weekend!