4/30/09

The never ending painting project

Well, something else I can do with my hands that did not end up on my last list was - painting!

And oh do we have painting to do...

I can't believe we are almost two months into what I thought would be a super simple little project in the extra bedroom. But I tell you, we just have not had the time! This isn't to say I haven't been enjoying our busy lifestyle, because I really have. But, we've just ended up pushing this project kind of to the bottom of the list.

Last night we finally got back in gear a little bit. I transformed into what Nate likes to call "Scrub Beth"(basic grubby paint clothes, wouldn't be caught dead in public with them on!) and after dinner we managed to get some more primering done. We're getting closer to being able to do real live paint!

The challenge has been the fact that we decided to paint the trim. I really don't know what we were thinking, although who really likes blonde wood? Anyone? So that is the reason for all the primer work.

I told him, the goal is to have this all done very, very soon, the whole idea was to move our current bedroom to the back bedroom of the house so we'd have less street noise to deal with in the summer with the windows open. And May is practically summer! So tick tock I guess! We'll get there! I won't post pictures until I really have some actual progress to share. Right now it's just the primer on the trim, and that's just not that exciting yet.

Soon and very soon. And now I bet my choir friends have a song in their heads and are going to hit me....

1 comment:

Gina said...

And I will start that hitting...Thanks for getting that wonderful song stuck in my head!!! Can't wait to see the bedroom with the progess that you've made!