Another full weekend

Whew, another weekend gone by too fast. It was another busy one!

Friday of course was the Josh Groban concert. And it was AMAZING. Hands down one of the best concerts I've been too - he managed to make an arena type venue feel like an intimate theatre. There were two different stages, one was out more in the center of the arena and from where we were sitting, we had a great view! He sang for a full two hours too - so you really got your money's worth out of the show. He talked a fair amount too, but he's quirky and funny. I really had a good time and I know I'll be catching him every time he comes back from now on. I've sealed my status as "Grobanite." Yep, I said it. Make fun all you want! Here's a picture from the show - him singing my favorite song I discussed on Friday in fact!

Saturday was a full day, we had some errands to run and I cleaned the house a bit. Then we had a church gig in the late afternoon, but it was over early enough for us to go out for a nice dinner and come home to watch a movie, so that was good.

Sunday we got up and attempted to run - man it was warm and humid though and it made it a bit challenging. We managed to do a mile and a half. I don't have huge expectations for our 5K next week honestly - we are going to just run as much of it as we can and we'll keep training through the rest of the summer and probably run another 5K this fall as well.

After running we headed home and then met up with my in-laws to go celebrate my sister-in-law Ali's birthday. We had brunch at the Red Stag Supper Club. I've been wanting to try it, so I'm glad we had a chance to go there. We were going to do Psycho Suzi's on the patio, but it was just too darn hot. We had a nice time with them and then headed home again for a short break. Nate and I played some cribbage to kill some time before we went to his cousin Maggie's open house. It was warm in their backyard, but we did have some shade so that helped. Visited with some of the extended family for a bit and then came home, took the easy way out by ordering pizza and proceeded to watch about three hours of TV. Yeah, lazy bums, but it was so needed at that point!

Then the storms rolled in. Ick. Kept us awake and then we were one of the lucky ones to lose power around 10:30 or so - which meant no air conditioner and no ceiling fan. But then somehow we were fortunate enough to be of the first ones to get power back at around midnight. It was still a long night though. I think I'll be dragging a bit today!

The calendar is so full before we go to St. Louis I kind of want to cry - but we'll get through it somehow! I'm going one day at a time right now!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Wow! That does sound like a busy weekend! Our power finally came back on at 11:45. Hope you can find some down time before you leave for St. Louis.