1/14/13

Reflecting

I found this post today I started back this summer - and never finished and posted.  It was some quotes I found on Pinterest that were inspiring and making me feel better on a not so good day.  I don't remember why I never posted this.  

I had a good weekend, but it was tainted by a few things that made me feel less than good today, so when I came across this post and re-read all these quotes, I realized I needed to hear them today and decided I would share this post finally. It's helped me feel a little bit better.

I think I've talked a bit about Pinterest a little bit before.  I am not quite as addicted to it as I was when I first started using it, but I do still love pinning recipe ideas, clothing ideas and lately, inspirational quotes I don't want to forget.  I wanted to share a few I've been reflecting on lately.  All of these were found on Pinterest and there are links to the original pieces from the Pin.  I do not own any of these.



I have found myself slipping a bit in my pledge to be a better and less cynical person, probably due in part a little to my falling off of She Reads Truth a bit, but also due to other things in my world that were causing me to slip down into a darker place and I just don't want to be there.  So I love this quote.  I want to be happy and I choose to be happy.  I don't want to be made to feel bad for being happy.  As Phoebe from Friends says "Get out of the bitter barn and play in the hay."  I'm going to play in the hay.  And in light of what happened in Colorado last week - life is definitely too short to not be happy.  (*author's note, this was originally written in late July 2012, same feelings apply even stronger now after what happened in Connecticut*)


I loved this one, my mom and I joke about how our family is kind of good at the holding a grudge thing, it's kind of in our blood, you just don't mess with the Millers I guess.  But at any rate, I really take this one to heart as I have had my feelings hurt a couple of times in the last month or so, but I'm just not going to dwell on it.  My head space is my head space and does not belong to anyone else!


Sometimes I feel judged or like I am not doing enough for a given situation or that I don't matter - I think that's human nature, we all feel like we are not good enough.  Well guess what?  You are enough.  I am enough.  We are all enough.

And this last one makes me smile - I do live in the moment as much as I can, but cookies do help when the moment kind of sucks.  It's funny.

I'm really glad I found this post today and I hope to come back to this whenever I'm having a bad day or even a bad moment.  These are good thoughts to reflect on and I hope they inspired you as well.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'm sorry that you weren't having a good day yesterday due to events. I'm so bad because I didn't ask you- I hope that I didn't do anything to cause those feelings. Love you!

moonsweetie said...

<3 Thank you for this post. Man, we all need these reminders! In fact, I will be writing a couple of them down in my journal today. <3 Love ya dear!