8/22/13

He deserves a metal


I need to just take a second and talk about how awesome this man up here is.  My wonderful husband - he seriously deserves a metal for all he's done for me so far in this pregnancy.  

I'm blessed to have been feeling good physically - but there are days where mentally and emotionally it just hasn't been all that great.  Let's just say some days my hormones are like PMS on steroids - and it is SO out of my control which I dislike.  And he puts up with it all.  I know at times I haven't been easy to live with - and yet he doesn't complain one bit.

Instead, he just hugs me when I need it, backs off if I want space and does his best to keep me in good spirits and laughing.  He seems to know just the right thing I need even before I do - something he was good at even before I was pregnant, but he's been doing awesomely with now.  And he's pretty much figured out if all else fails, the answer is ice cream.

He cooks us dinner pretty much every night now.  On days I'm in a good place/mood (and there have been many, don't get me wrong) I help him.  I joke that he's the chef and I'm the sous chef.  Other days if I'm just tired or not in the mood, he just cooks and I keep him company.  On rare days I don't even want to do that, he doesn't complain if I just sit in the living room playing Candy Crush.  It isn't the worst case scenario for him, he loves to cook and experiment with recipes.  Sure it might mean we eat a little later, but I always have a snack when I get home from work so it isn't so bad.

Another thing I appreciate so much is that while this baby has become a big part of our daily life - he also works hard to not treat me differently.  We talk about other things, we keep up with our regular activities - he treats me like ME.  He doesn't treat me like an invalid.  I have come across a few others who treat pregnancy like it's a disease or a condition.  I'm not an egg, I won't break.  I am not going to do something stupid and harm my baby, but I don't have to live in a bubble.  He doesn't make me feel like I'm in a bubble. He keeps things pretty much business as usual.

Last night I was tired and cranky and getting ready to go to bed and kind of grumbling as I got off the couch.  He came over and jokingly said "are you ok?  Do you need my help?  Do you need to eat for three? (the whole "you're eating for two" thing is a pet peeve of mine)"  And I just started laughing because it was all so tongue and cheek.  He just knows the right things to say and when and I just love him for it.

So anyway, he just deserves a shout out and a metal, I kid not.  I know if we can get through this together, we're going to get through parenthood together too.  He's a rockstar.

1 comment:

Street View Online said...

What a great and interesting post.