7/6/12

Catching my breath

We're just heading out of what was likely one of our busiest weeks of summer.  I think.  There was something going on just about every day for the last week and even though I had a couple of days off, it was a bit hectic at times.  The weekend ahead is still a little full, but then time will slow way down for the next two weeks and I plan to soak that up.

I've been doing pretty good at not getting overwhelmed by the busyness though. And I've enjoyed myself immensely over the last couple of weeks.  Beach days, pedicures, time with family, time with friends. That doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to catching my breath for a bit though.

As always when Nate and I have a jammed packed schedule I find myself starting to crave time with just him.  We need that couple time too.  We won't get much of it this weekend unfortunately, but next weekend we will.  I'm looking forward to that.

I'm pretty darn proud of myself for sticking to my "one day at a time" philosophy.  I credit much of that to She Reads Truth, though in full disclosure, I've fallen off of that a bit this week.  The new plan is good, but isn't gelling with me as much as the last one.  And maybe it's because I feel so kind of "good" right now that I don't want to dig into the depths of the trenches that this particular plan is encouraging.  I'm not saying it's bad, but it does ask you to look at your fears and your worries and at the moment I just don't want to go there.  It doesn't mean I do not have them, but right now they're buried away for a bit and I just want to leave them there and instead enjoy this moment a bit more.  So I've put a "pin" in it so to speak.  It's there when I need it and that's the important part.

Ooh and look, it took me up to five paragraphs before I mentioned the weather - now THAT is shocking.  It's kind of another one of those things I've just kind of let go though.  I can't control it.  If it's going to be hot, it's going to be hot.  Without getting crazy political I do believe we're starting to gradually see the effects of global warming and I guess instead of crabbing about it, I'm trying to adapt.  No I don't love hot weather.  I never will.  I just do my best to dress for it, stay hydrated and stay in the A/C if I need to.  And the good summer days I try to do my best to actually get outside and take advantage of.  It's the best we can do.  This too shall pass.

So that's me in a nutshell.  Now you're all caught up.

1 comment:

Jes said...

<3

I'm glad the next two weeks will be slow ones for you!