So yesterday ended up being just what the doctor ordered.  I was required to report for Jury Duty, which at first I thought was going to be just awful, but then kind of came to terms with it.  Got to the courthouse, went through the orientation, hung out in our waiting area.  Then the Judge comes in and says "well, sometimes just the act of bringing you folks in is enough to get both parties to settle."  So we were free to go for the day.  At only 9:45 am.  I had arranged to be away from work for the whole day, so guess what I did?

I had a Me Party.

I stopped at TJ Maxx in Riverdale to see if they had any good maternity clothing - yeah that was a joke.  There was a Motherhood Maternity store near TJ Maxx but I resisted the urge to go in there - I knew everything would be expensive and I'm trying not to break my budget on this pregnancy.  Then I remembered there was a new Savers that had opened near Northtown.  So I swung over there.

I had a hard time finding their maternity section, so at first I looked at some size large drapey type shirts.  And then I found the rack.  Motherload, literally, ha!  I bought capris and four more shirts.  And only spent about $20.  Not bad at all.

Headed to my mom's to show her what I bought and also to eat her food, since that is what I'd have done for lunch on a normal workday!  My aunt Michelle came and gave me a present - cute little onesie that says "Established in 2013".  Second baby gift we've received and it's way cute.

Went home then and caught up on laundry (so exciting I know) and then played an hour's worth of Mario Party on the Wii, because I'm a giant nerd and have been in the mood to play it for quite a while.  I decided to head upstairs and considered going on a second walk for the day because the sun was out, but then got caught up on something on my phone and then the sun went away...and then I took a nap.  Darn that comfy living room couch that just sucks me in!

After that, I cleaned up the kitchen a bit, put away some more laundry and waited for Nate to come home.  He grilled us some delicious juicy lucy's for dinner and we watched a bunch of fluff TV.  Oh and in the midst of all that I called the jury line after 4:30 as I was instructed and learned I would not have to go in again today.

So anyway, I am so glad that I ended up with a day like that.  I think I just really needed it.  As I've said before, I'm soooo unbelievably blessed to be feeling physically quite good with this pregnancy, but emotionally there have been some tough days.  I think it's because right now our June is just so crazy packed with stuff.  Nate even said it yesterday morning, we really don't have a weekend at all this month.  Part of that is kind of our own fault, we shouldn't have signed up for golf lessons with a jammed packed June.  Fortunately, July is going to be fantastic.  We have an entire month off from Praise Project - and while I love and am so fulfilled by being a part of that group, I just need a break.  And then we have a week vacation in the middle of July and we'll be spending most of it in Itasca with Nate's family again.  I do want to have our garage sale at the end of July, but just having a bit freer of a schedule, especially on weekends, I think it will be do-able and far less stressful.

August isn't looking terribly bad either.  So really we just have to get through the rest of this month and then I think we'll really start enjoying summer - that is if summer ever really gets here!  At any rate, I think after having my day yesterday, I can survive the rest of this month.  Happy mama=happy baby.

1 comment:

Joseph Scarbrough said...

And the thing of it is, you WERE a judge... on T*K*O, that is. :p